4 days of Windows phone 10 preview 2, and I decided to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1 update 2
I’m a real fun of new Windows versions (I’m using Windows 10 technical preview since 1 year) and I like using new features that make my life easier. I know that preview versions are full of bugs and unexpected behavior, but I can relatively handle it. With Windows Phone preview 2 (build 10.12534.56), it was not easy and I encountered enough bugs to decide to give up. And believe me, I don’t give up so easily. Here some bugs encountered just after 12 hours of use:
– The Wifi hotspot (Internet connection share over Wifi) is not stable, and my devices are rapidly disconnected from the phone
– Cortana is out, there is an error that prevents me to use it
– When I call someone via Skype, the speaker is automatically activated, and you can’t disable it
– Some applications just do not work (When you open the app, it just do nothing)
– The famous PIN code bug, I was obliged to move my SIM card to another phone to disable the PIN security (You wont be able to use your phone if PIN security is enabled)
I’m disappointed because I was thinking, that at least the main features will work correctly, but no luck.
The good news is that after 2 days of using Windows Phone 8.1 update 2, I decided to keep it and give it a chance : The main interface is great !